The Solution System Maintenance Procedures.
|When is maintenance required? Maintenance is required when you see a substantial reduction in water flow at your water discharge location, (either at the waterfall or inlet pipe).
Your maintenance procedures:
1 Shut off pump
2 Release pressure from the manual pressure relief valve.
(Located at the top of your filter).
3 Open drain port at bottom of filter.
4 Twist off lock ring on filter. (See owners' manual for details)
5 Pull lid off, one side at a time (do not try to lift up on both sides at the same time) when pulling up on lid do not place feet on plumbing fittings.
6 Now remove filter pad and green mesh. (If your unit has more then one pad) reach down and remove second set of filter pads and green mesh. If your hands cannot fit, then remove entire black inner core by lifting straight up using the hand slots on top of inner core. (Be careful this might be heavy).
7. Unroll pads and place on a flat surface and rinse with hose or preferable a pressure washer (please be careful not to use too much pressure -- approx. 1500 p.s.i. is more then sufficient). Rinse and turn approximately three times. (Rinse carefully so that 80% of the dirt is removed).
8. Rinse the inner core and filter body so they are free of visible dirt.
9. Roll the pads up and place in green mesh, then reinstall on inner core
(After the pads have been cleaned several times they might not need the mesh)
10. Reinstall and close lid, close drain port.
11. Turn on pump with air relief valve open until all air has been removed and water starts to come out.
12. Check daily for the first three days as air will tend to build up for first couple of days.
13. Close the air relief and check for water leaks. If there are no leaks, procedure is complete.
The answer is clear - The Pond Solution is the greatest breakthrough in koi pond filtration!